Work for Us
Working at Massey Child Care Centre Inc.
Be part of a dynamic and creative learning community providing high quality early childhood education. The community of practice paradigm that the centre operates under fosters distributed leadership through collaborative interactions and strong relationships. We are keen to recruit staff that can reflect our commitment to continuous quality improvement. We are committed to promoting personal and group development within a culture of enquiry and critical reflection.
The Hoiho Section is still looking for that someone special to join their Infant & Toddler teaching team.
We are seeking a fulltime In-Training or Qualified/Certified Early Childhood Teacher to start in early 2018.
At the core of our philosophy and practice are respectful, responsive, reciprocal relationships. We operate a primary caregiving system (Attachment Based Learning programme) built upon our Community of Practice foundation.
This time around we have let the team have a go at writing the ad, this is what they came up with, they want someone who;
- Is passionate about infants and toddlers.
- Has a genuine love for the job of early childhood teaching and understands the responsibility they hold.
- Has a willingness to give of themselves.
- Has an understanding that they will become part of our whānau and Community of Practice.
- Has respect for and commitment to uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
- We want a driver, not a passenger. An owner, not a tenant.
- Is willing to go that extra mile.
- Has “spunk”.
- Is self-driven, motivated, confident and enthusiastic.
- Has high communication skills.
- Has an amazing sense of humour.
- Is nurturing (not rigid).
- Is flexible.
- Is not afraid to challenge or be challenged.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain relationships with not only children but families as well.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 19th JANUARY 2018 @ 12 NOON
If you or anyone you know is interested in applying or would like further information please contact Alison at email@example.com
We also have vacancies for the following positions:
Casual - on call relievers required both unregistered and registered.
Expressions of Interest
If you are interested in working for us, but didn’t see a job that meets what you are looking for, or you’d just like to keep your name on file for a future opportunity, then we invite you to submit an expression of interest now. Your interest may be in a permanent position, fixed term, infants and toddlers, young children or as a reliever. Whatever you are looking for we are keen to hear from you.
Expressions of interest can be made by completing a form and uploading your CV. We will hold your information on file and as soon as a position matching your area of interest becomes vacant, we will send you details of the vacancy.
Alternatively, you’re welcome to contact the Centre Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 06 2802763
Our community of practice requires teachers and educators to engage in an evolving spiral of professional and personal development where pedagogy is refined and new ideas, theories and innovations are explored. Through informed interactions, research and professional dialogue, teachers determine the best possible solutions to enhance their practice and children’s learning, and support the development of section goals and objectives.
We actively encourage staff to seek further knowledge through professional enquiry, research, professional development workshops, conferences, seminars, mentoring, and self reflection. We provide a generous training and development budget to assist individuals and parallel teams to support their learning and development.
Once a year a teacher-only day is organised where new ideas are explored, and teachers collectively and individually reflect on and refine practice.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities is demonstrated through the implementation and monitoring of employment policies, practices and conditions of service.
You will enjoy the aesthetically pleasing, functional environment that represents the philosophy and values of the community and reflects the unique identity of New Zealand.
- Intimate indoor environments that encourage and support places where teachers and children can work and reflect quietly and calmly.
- Dedicated non-child contact rooms for teachers.
- High quality ICT resources.
- Health, Safety and Well-being Committee.
- Environment Committee.
- Social Committee.
- Bicultural Committee.
- Transition Committee.
- Education for Environmental Sustainability Committee.