Work for Us
Working at Massey Child Care Centre Inc.
Be part of a dynamic and creative learning community providing high quality early childhood education. The community of practice paradigm that the centre operates under fosters distributed leadership through collaborative interactions and strong relationships. We are keen to recruit staff that can reflect our commitment to continuous quality improvement. We are committed to promoting personal and group development within a culture of enquiry and critical reflection.
Infant & Toddler Teacher (In-training or Certified)
Titiro Whakamuri, Kokiri Whakamua
Look back and reflect so you can move forward.
After 18 years of passion, professionalism and commitment to high quality infant and toddler care and education one of our team is retiring. She deserves to now fill her days with beach walks, sewing, gardening, travel, slow mornings, and late lunches.
So here we are…
The Hoiho Section at Massey Child Care Centre in Palmerston North is looking for a Qualified or In-training Teacher to join us from July 2022.
We are not asking you to fill anyone else’s shoes, we are asking you to bring your own. We just hope they will be filled with magic and wonder, curiosity and questions.
Your practice must enhance all mana.
We’d love you to be heart led with grit and gumption.
To have omph and ahhh, get up and go alongside the softer, slower moments.
You must possess the ability to pivot, persevere and maintain perspective.
We believe infant and toddler teaching is a speciality, teachers of this age group are cut from an extremely rare cloth. Few and far between but fabulous when found.
We are patient, we will not rush this process nor settle for second best.
We walk our talk. We are child centred and therefore only employ fulltime, permanent teachers to ensure consistency and continuity for our children and families. We operate a primary caregiving system, the Attachment Based Learning Programme, written by us for us, reflective of research, understandings, experience and our Centre values, beliefs and learning priorities.
If you would like to know more, please contact the Centre Manager, Susan Clare on 06 280 2763 or email@example.com
Apply in writing with your CV and a covering letter by midday, Friday 3rd June 2022.
Please note: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Massey Child Care Centre is a community based, not for profit, full day childcare centre based on the Massey University Campus in Palmerston North. We have four purpose built inter-linked Sections, Hoiho and Tui (Birth – 3 years) and Kea and Kiwi (2 – 6 years).
• The Hoiho Section has 16 infants and toddlers each day with 6 fulltime, permanent teachers/staff.
• All of our teachers are either qualified or in-training.
• We operate at 100% funding rate.
• We have opted in for Pay Parity.
• We are open 730-530 with children attending between 745-515.
• Each teacher works 8 hours a day.
• Each teacher gets four hours a week non-contact.
• We offer a generous professional development budget to support ongoing learning and understanding.
• Well resourced for both children and teachers including ICT.
• Senior Leadership team in place to support and guide personalised PLD, mentoring and coaching, teacher certification.
• Fortnightly staff meetings.
• An annual Teachers Only Day.
• Paid First Aid.
• Designated non-contact spaces with separate conference room.
• Well resourced, spacious, comfortable staff room.
• Large, open, modern learning environments.
• We are an Enviroschool.
• Expansive outdoor learning environments.
• Staff committees including Bicultural, Health & Safety, Social.
Expressions of Interest
If you are interested in working for us, but didn’t see a job that meets what you are looking for, or you’d just like to keep your name on file for a future opportunity, then we invite you to submit an expression of interest now. Your interest may be in a permanent position, fixed term, infants and toddlers, young children or as a reliever. Whatever you are looking for we are keen to hear from you.
Expressions of interest can be made by completing a form and uploading your CV. We will hold your information on file and as soon as a position matching your area of interest becomes vacant, we will send you details of the vacancy.
Alternatively, you’re welcome to contact the Centre Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 06 2802763
Our community of practice requires teachers and educators to engage in an evolving spiral of professional and personal development where pedagogy is refined and new ideas, theories and innovations are explored. Through informed interactions, research and professional dialogue, teachers determine the best possible solutions to enhance their practice and children’s learning, and support the development of section goals and objectives.
We actively encourage staff to seek further knowledge through professional enquiry, research, professional development workshops, conferences, seminars, mentoring, and self reflection. We provide a generous training and development budget to assist individuals and parallel teams to support their learning and development.
Once a year a teacher-only day is organised where new ideas are explored, and teachers collectively and individually reflect on and refine practice.
Equal Employment Opportunities
We employ the most suitable candidate for the job. All employees and applicants are treated according to their skills, qualifications and abilities without regard to irrelevant factors.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities is demonstrated through the implementation and monitoring of employment policies, practices and conditions of service.
You will enjoy the aesthetically pleasing, functional environment that represents the philosophy and values of the community and reflects the unique identity of New Zealand.
- Intimate indoor environments that encourage and support places where teachers and children can work and reflect quietly and calmly.
- Dedicated non-child contact rooms for teachers.
- High quality ICT resources.
- Health, Safety and Well-being Committee.
- Environment Committee.
- Social Committee.
- Bicultural Committee.
- Pasifika Committee.
- Education for Environmental Sustainability Committee.