Massey Child Care Centre is all about relationships!
As George Washington Carver once said, "Education is understanding relationships."
- We are one of the very few community based child care centre's in the Manawatu. This means that all funding and fees are reinvested back into the care and education of your children. We are not-for-profit, we are for high quality care and education for children and families.
- We offer this high quality care and education through above average child to teacher ratios.
- Our programmes (Attachment Based Learning & Community of Researchers) are research based and theoretically grounded. They are written by us, for us to ensure the best outcomes for our children and families. The programmes run at Massey Child Care Centre have also been recognised Nationally for their high quality.
- Key teachers and Primary Caregiving. Every child at Massey Child Care Centre has a key teacher.
- Over ninety percent (90%) of the teaching team at Massey Child Care Centre are qualified and certified as early childhood teachers in New Zealand. With over 33 staff across the Centre the depth of expertise, knowledge, passion and commitment is always evident.
- We do not have part time teachers this ensures consistency and continuity for our children, families and teaching teams.
- Learning environments and Nature Corridors. We have large, open spaces both inside and out where the natural world is promoted, protected and valued.
- We are an Enviroschool. It is the aim of Enviroschool's to foster a generation of people who instinctively think and act sustainably. Click here to learn more about the Enviroschool initiative.
- Teaching teams have an in-depth understanding of Emotional Awareness and the links between emotion and learning outcomes.
- We were recognised by the Prime Minister's Education Awards in 2015 as a finalist in the Excellence in Leading award.
Feel free to Book a Visit or Contact Us to find out more.
Enrolment Enquiry Form Book a tour Contact us